Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blue Hot Gossip's 13 Days of Halloween 2011 - Day 5

http://www.archive.org/download/BlueHotGossips13DaysOfHalloween2011-Day5/Blue.Hot.Gossip.13.Days.of.Halloween.Day.05.mp3

It would be hard to do a show about skeletons and not include Dem Dry Bones. I was lucky enough to find a decent copy to put in the show. Mostly because it's old enough to fall into public domain.

There are plenty of songs I would like to use but they aren't podsafe. I even tend to stay away from songs I'm uncertain about. The most obvious would be Monster Mash which I can't play because of the copyright. However, it gets so much radio play around this time and people have heard it so much that many simply get tired of it and there's no need to play it. A lesser known song and more modern song I would like to play is The Greatest Show Unearthed by Creature Feature. The title is an obvious play on the Ringling Brothers and Barnum Baily Circus tagline. The song itself reminds me a lot of the Something Wicked This Way Comes movie and "The Greatest Show Unearthed" could be the tagline for the circus in that film.

This is the first day this week that I've had plenty of time to work on the shows. I've recorded the voice part of all but the last episode and I should be able to get most of the shows edited together today. If I have to I can do all the work for the last episode next Sunday. The only problem with doing the shows at the last minute is that it doesn't give me the time to make improvements before I have to post the show.

I've also been considering getting back to Podcast Ping. It never got great download numbers but it's clear at this point that podcasts have passed their peak. With TV shows made for big money streaming on the Internet it's hard for a home producer to create anything anywhere nearly as competitive. Most of my downloads have been from Mininova and it's been dropping patrons over the years. Episodes of shows that use to get over 10,000 downloads are now getting only a thousand. But web postings are even worse. People just aren't seeking out podcasts as they use to, and there's millions of them out there. But I do enjoy listening to the Podcast Ping episodes and have listened to past episodes many times. And I think this time if I did it I would try and do a bunch at a time then post them on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

No comments: